Polymeric cellular materials, also known as foams, are constituted by a solid polymeric phase and a porous structure and are essential items in current technology. Nowadays, 50% of total amount (in volume) of plastic processed globally are used to produce cellular polymers or foams. They are used in all industrial sectors.
The success of these materials is based on the significant benefits that can be achieved when they are used. Those benefits can be focused in one or in several of the following aspects:
• WEIGHT AND COST REDUCTIONS.
• REDUCTION OF RAW MATERIAL CONSUMPTION WITH THE SUBSEQUENT ENVIRONMENTAL BENEFITS.
• POSIBILITY OF PRODUCING LIGHTWEIGHT MATERIALS WITH HIGH STRENGTH AND STIFFNESS.
• EXCELLENT THERMAL INSULATION.
• EXCELLENT IMPACT ENERGY ABSORPTION
• POSIBILITY OF PRODUCING MATERIALS WITH ACOUSTIC ABSORPTION CAPABILITIES.
CellMat Technologies has a high degree of specialization in the field of polymeric cellular materials. Our highly specialized know-how allows transforming solid products in cellular ones but also improving production processes and/or properties of cellular materials.