The development of lightweight products, but with appearance and properties of compact solids, is an important challenge for different industrial sectors like packaging and automotive. Both new legislation and market are promoting the development of new products with low weights and costs. This is a great challenge where usually a change in the geometry is not enough to achieve the desired requirements and where foaming can be a successful solution.
CellMat Technologies has a extrusion foaming line to evaluate new raw materials, formulations and chemical blowing agents (CBA) that allow developing lightweight products for the previous sectors with an internal cellular structure and a external appearance similar to that of a non-foamed material.
GENERATION OF LIGHTWEIGHT PRODUCTS – IDENTICAL EXTERNAL APPEARANCE BUT WITH AND INTERNAL CELLULAR STRUCTURE
- WEIGHT AND RAW MATERIAL CONSUPTION REDUCTIONS (USUALLY HIGHER THAN 10%)
- PRODUCTION COSTS REDUCTION (USUALLY HIGHER THAN 10%)
- SAME MACHINERY AS FOR THE PRODUCTION OF SOLID MATERIALS (NO ECONOMIC INVESTMENTS ARE REQUIRED)
- TECHNOLOGY SUITABLE FOR SYSTEMS CONTAINING HIGH AMOUNTS OF FILLERS
- PRODUCTIVITY IS MAINTAINED OR EVEN INCREASED
- FREE TECHNOLOGY, NO LICENSE PAYMENT IS REQUIRED FOR ITS IMPLEMENTATION
- VALID FOR FOOD CONTACT ARTICLES
- APPLICABLE ALSO TO EXTRUSION BLOW MOLDING